Recent Blog Posts
- Fountain Theatre welcomes Sherrick O’Quinn as Theatre Education Manager
- Back by popular demand, Fountain Theatre’s hit production ‘If I Forget’ extends to Dec. 18
- Fountain Theatre to livestream final ‘hyper-staged’ reading of ‘Roe’ as free, public service
- Fountain Theatre earns 9 L.A. Drama Critics Circle Award nominations for excellence in 2020/21
- Lisa Loomer’s play tells “shocking” true story behind Roe v. Wade
Archives by Month
Search Our Blog
Email SubscriptionJoin 108 other subscribers
Follow Blog via EmailJoin 108 other subscribers
Connect With Us
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
Tag Archives: Roe v Wade
The Fountain Theatre is seeking a skilled young actress for the role of Emily in the fast-moving staged reading of ROE by Lisa Loomer. Vanessa Stalling directes the large cast in ten public performances presented on the Fountain’s Theatre’s Outdoor Stage June 25 to July 10, in response to the looming Supreme Court decision overturning Roe v Wade.
ROE is A powerful, poignant, and often humorous play that cuts through the headlines to reveal the real-life women behind Roe v. Wade, the landmark 1973 case that gave women the right to safe, legal abortion. A fast-moving, fair-minded look at the complicated human beings behind the case, the challenging years that followed the court’s fateful decision, and the polarization around the issue in America today.
Note: The script contains profanity (not spoken by the child actress), adult themes, and mature material.
EMILY: 7 to 10 years old, white female. Sweet, earnest, loving, open, devoutly Christian.
Rate of Pay: AEA 99-Seat Contract
Submission Deadline: 06/07/2022. Actors will be asked to submit self-tape auditions.
This casting notice has been released on Breakdown Serives and Actors Access.
Submit headshot & resume to: casting@fountaintheatre