The Fountain Theatre earned nine award nominations from the Los Angeles Drama Critics Circle for excellence in 2020/21, it was announced yesterday. The Fountain’s Los Angeles premiere of An Octoroon on its Outdoor Stage, its groundbreaking livestream presentation of The Ballad of Emmett Till, and the L.A. debut of The Children were chosen for recognition.
LADCC nominations for the Fountain Theatre for 2020-2021:
- Lead Performance – Matthew Hancock – An Octoroon
- Featured Performance – Rob Nagle – An Octoroon
- Writing Adaptation – Branden Jacobs-Jenkins – An Octoroon
- Set Design – Frederica Nascimento – An Octoroon
- Costume Design – Naila Aladdin-Sanders – An Octoroon
- Fight Direction – Jen Albert – An Octoroon
- Props – Michael Allen Angel – An Octoroon
- Streaming Design & CGI – The Ballad of Emmett Till – Andrew Schmedake
- Ensemble Performance – Ron Bottitta, Elizabeth Elias Huffman, Lily Knight – The Children
Out of an abundance of COVID caution, there will be no in-person ceremony. Instead, the award recipients will be named in a future press release in the upcoming weeks.
Congratulations to all of the nominees! Click here for the complete list.